This page (or sections below) appears to have obsolete content. Wiki maintainers will make it relevant once again soon.
This is the human Kingdom of Stormwind led by King Varian Wrynn. Your Kingdom is located in the south-eastern part of the Eastern Kingdoms and the colour of your nation is Dark Green. The Kingdom of Azeroth was destroyed by the savage Horde in the First war. King Liane was slain and Anduin fled with the remains of this once proud human Kingdom to the north where he warned King Terenas of this new foe of humanity. The survivors of the kingdom of Azeroth joined the alliance of Lordaeron wich was found by King Terenas. After the war has been won, Varian the crown prince in exile came back with his people and reclaimed their homeland. From the ashes of this old human Kingdom a new one rose to lead the man of the south. This was the birth of the Stormwind Kingdom.
Location & Allies
Stormwind is located in the south of the Eastern Kingdoms, with a portal leading to Outland at the south east area of your lands.
- Dwarves - Ironforge, the capital of the Dwarves, and his main forces, are located north east of your capital, in Khaz Modan. You should cooperate with him and try to work together at all times to overcome your enemies. Dwarves also have a small settlement inside Stormwind itself, allowing for some quick aid if needed. Further more, developing the Deeprum Tram will allow instant transport between Stormwind and Ironforge.
Pros & Cons
- Starts as a strong race
- Powerful melee units and heroes.
- Well positioned bases and defences.
- Good healing and buffing capability.
- Has the possibility to get the fastest and the strongest calvary in the game.
- Decent range units
- Lacks a second chance.
- Faces a stronger opponent in the beginning.
- Cooperation with your ally will vital to be victorius against the stronger Fel Horde.
- Can permanently lose one of his heroes, Varian, after having lost his capital of Stormwind.
- Is not able to get the tiers done if Stormwind falls.
- Needs to fight the horde alone intill reinforcements from Khaz Modan arrives and join your forces.
Middle and Late Game
(Text here) Control Groups
In the middle game, it is required to build casters, catapults, and even air units to defeat more players. One set up is:
- Control Group 1:
- Control Group 2:
- Control Group 3:
- Control Group 4:
- Control Group 5:
- Control Group 6:
|Endurance Mastery||350||175||None||Increases the Marshalls steel plating ability to 9, increases all melee units hp by 100 and hp reg by 1.|
|Outriding Mastery||350||200||None||Improves the Movement speed by 10%, attack speed by 20% and add 5 damage to Champions, Conjurers, outriders and Stormwind Knights.|
|Tactical Mastery||350||250||None||Improves the effectiveness of the spearmans slow poison, Militias combat experience and Outriders war plating. Gives all casters a bonus of 0,8 mana reg.|
Obtainable on the House of Nobles, inside Stormwind´s Oldtown.
|Tier Choice||Icon||Gold||Wood||First Choice||Second Choice|
|First Tier||150||100||Westfall Financial Aid.
||Darkshire Financial Aid.
|Second Tier||250||200||Stonemasons Payment.
||Church of the Holy Light Donation.
|Third Tier||350||300||Arming the Knights of Azeroth
Southern Kingdoms -
- Once Ironforge has developed the Deeprum Tram, you can use the train on the northeast corner of Stormwind to instantly teleport to Ironforge, and viceversa.
- If you visit Stromgarde with Danath, Falconrest and an Ogre/Bandit army will spawn outside Stromgarde and besiege it, as it happens you will receive the city.
- If Stormwind falls, you ll recieve Stromgarde and Galen without the hostile army spawning outside. Varian becomes unrevivable if Stormwind falls.
- Can conquer Gilneas.
- If you destroy the Black temple, the conjurer will be unlocked.
- If you destroy the Hellfire Citadel, Danath Trollbane will spawn as a demi hero in the Hellfire Peninsula.
Heroes, Units and Buildings
- Marshal Reginald Windsor (Obtained if you don't pay the Stone Masons full price during Tier Two)
- Edwin VanCleef (Obtained if you pay the Stone Masons full price during Tier Two )
- Danath Trollbane (If Hellfire Citadel is destroyed)
- Outrider (May Change to Stormwind Knight)
- Militia (May Change to Swordsman)
- Defias Blackguard (researched by tier)
- Conjurer (After the destruction of the Black Temple)
- Transport Ship
- Stormwind Caravel
- Town Hall
- Lumber Mill
- Altar of Kings
- Arcane Sanctum
- Scout Tower
- Stormwind Kingdom is loosely based on the real lore of the Warcraft universe at the time of the Third War, as the Kingdom of Azeroth (AKA Stormwind Kingdom) did not played any role in the Third War, but in the Second, and in WoW's lore following the onslaught of the Undead Scourge.