As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn Wiki
- 1 Welcome to the Official Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn Wiki
- 2 Current version
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Commands
- 5 Factions
- 6 Masteries & Tiers
- 7 Disclaimer
- 8 Editing Help
Welcome to the Official Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn Wiki
This is a collaborative community website centered around Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn, a Warcraft III custom map set primarily during the events of Warcraft III and its expansion The Frozen Throne; the map also features lore and events from the MMORPG World of Warcraft and its first two expansions, The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. Through gameplay you can experience the story in a nonlinear fashion (as it is a semi sandbox game), which gives players the freedom to do what they want. In this custom map players will control a variety of notable factions, races and characters from the Warcraft universe. AWLR has noticeable role-playing elements in its core which distinguishes it from a regular RTS. In fact, authors claim, that AWLR actually represents original genre, called Role Playing Grand Strategy.
The first version of the game, called Azeroth Wars Strategy was created in 2006, by Augur. This later spawned several spin offs. Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn, the concept's most played successor, was created by Avrion, Railen and EagleMan, members of Clan QUAM. After a period in which EagleMan was the sole active author, he turned over the map to new editors from Clan LHoT: Thurr and Bhaal Spawn. After them, work was continued by SteakOnSpear, Joffrey, Dave_Rolf and Djisa. Finally, in late 2014 it ended up in hands of current development team: Rhemar, Talinn and Augur.
For comments, questions and discussions please visit the official Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn forums at Diplomunion.com. If you want to contact the current editing team Diplomunion is the quickest and best way to do so.
As 10 January 2015, current game version is 1.90c
It can be downloaded from Epic War
Version changelog can be seen here.
Changelog disscussion: 
Suggestions thread: 
Bug report thread: 
Gameplay is in many ways similar to the melee games of Warcraft III - You will control varied races, heroes and units and are required to destory your enemies, but it can also be called Role Playing Grand Strategy.
- The main difference in this custom map is that gold is not collected from gold mines, instead, you will receive a set income every minute. You can increase this amount by capturing and controlling Control Points. Control Points are usually found at important lore sites and/or major bases a certain faction owns, their value is proportional to the importance of the region they are in. An important difference to note is that Upkeep is also absent from AWLR, so your income will not be reduced when you have a large food population. All units cost 1 food, with a varying inital food cap for each race but all races can achieve the maximum food cap of 300 thus reaching a total number of 300 units in their army.
- Lumber is a secondary resource used for various purposes throughout the map, players can gather lumber the same way they do in original Warcraft 3.
- The map encourages a unique style of gameplay players refer to as the "open alliances" Players start the game in predefined teams and have a starting set of objectives to guide them but they are free to ally whomever they want during the course of the game.
- The game has some commands you can use, they are:
- -Income (How much gold is being made from your CPs)
- -Unally *Color* (to unally someone you´ve already allied.)
- -Ally *Color* (to ally someone you´re not allied to.)
- Camera adjustments
- -Reset (brings the camera back to where it started)
Team 1: The Forces of Evil
Team 2: Northern Alliance
Team 3: The Horde
Team 4: Night Elves
Team 5: Southern Alliance
Team 6: The Fel Horde
- Teal - Fel & Dark Horde.
Masteries & Tiers
Each faction has three masteries available for research. Some masteries are expensive, while others are relatively cheap. Some masteries have special requirements to them. Once researched, the other masteries will become unavailable for research. Masteries provide special wide-ranging bonuses, and as you may only research one per game, choose carefully.
Tiers are ordered in three pairs, from wich you can only chose one at a time, meaning that from six options you can only get three because, once researched, the other Tiers will become unavailable for research. They can bring from upgrades to Demi-Heroes having special wide-ranging bonuses, choose carefully.
Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn based on Warcraft Universe, which is intellectual property of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.. Thus Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn is absolutely free (non-commercial) product, created using official Blizzard tool: Warcraft III World Editor and doesn't claim any rights on copyright reserved properties.