Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This page (or sections below) appears to have obsolete content. Wiki maintainers will make it relevant once again soon.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
Dalaran is one of the many city-states that was once part of the Arathor Empire. Ruled by the Kirin Tor and their Council of Six, the Violet City is home to the mightiest and most powerful magicians of all mankind. Although the city is protected from any harm by the greatest enchantments human magic can cast, and armed with a vast number of wizards and sorcerers, Dalaran faces an imminent threat beyond the imagination of any of this proud citizens.
Location & Allies[edit | edit source]
Dalaran is located south of Lordaeron, on the other side of Lordamere Lake.
- Lordaeron - The Capital city is just north from Dalaran; can be reached via a route on the west, and there's a shorter road through the east, though it goes over the now abandoned Alterac ruins, claimed by the Fel Orcs.
- Quel'thalas - The High-elven Kingdom is located to the northeast of Dalaran. You can/should meet purple in Andorhal to help fight the Scourge invasion.
Pros & Cons[edit | edit source]
- With sufficient skill, his army of casters can became almost unbeatable.
- Cheap units with spammable spells.
- Huge variety of spells to handle different situations.
- Except for Kirin Tor, all units are relatively cheap and easily spammed and replaced.
- Does not have cheap, expendable tanks.
- Needs a considerable amount of time and gold to reach it's peak power.
- The Spellcasters you control are very vulnerable to siege units such as Mortars and Battleships.
- It is considerably hard to manage many spell-focused units.
- You start in a position where many different factions have bases close to your domain and need to be dealt with before they choose to attack.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Early Game[edit | edit source]
Middle and Late Game[edit | edit source]
Composition[edit | edit source]
In the middle game, it is required to build casters, catapults, and even air units to defeat more players. One set up is:
- Control Group 1:
- Control Group 2:
- Control Group 3:
- Control Group 4:
- Control Group 5:
- Control Group 6:
Masteries[edit | edit source]
|Magical Wrath Mastery||350||250||None||Gives 6 damage bonus to all mages, increases their attack range by 75, The Violet Citadel will also gain a phoenix fire ability, improves pyromancers flame shield ability, affect heroes.|
|Arcane Mastery||350||250||None||Increases mana pool of all casters by 100 and mana regeneration by 0.5, affects battlemages and dalaran towers.|
|Elemental Mastery||350||250||None||Increases the hp of all elemental units by 150 and moviment speed by 20%, reduces the manacost of the summon water elemental spell, and increases it´s duration.|
Events[edit | edit source]
- Some minutes after the Plague has been released, you will gain control of Theramore, a small human bastion capable of giving you chance to expand in Kalimdor and can serve you as a base to retreat to from the wars in Eastern Kingdoms. Lies on an island with a bridge to the mainland right next to Stonemaul Keep.(Even if you have Theramore, you should keep in mind that if there already is a dominant force in Kalimdor, it will surely besiege the Isle. So caution is advised if you plan on expanding in Kalimdor.)
Northern Kingdoms -
- You guard the Book of Medivh in the Dalaran's dungeons. The Scourge and the Dreadlords (Red & Blue) will do anything to get that book if they chose to go for you instead of the sunwell and be able to summon legion that path, so you must always be prepared for the worst that can happen.(Jaina has a 1-use skill that allows instant teleportation of her and nearby allied units; be prepared to use it for fleeing to Theramore in case things get dire in Eastern Kingdoms.)
- If the Violet Citadel falls, you will lose the ability to build Kirin Tor, Antonidas will become unrevivable, and the damage aura against Undead units that surrounds Dalaran will disappear.
- In case Silvermoon falls (the Capital of the High Elves), a small group of Blood Elves led by Kael'thas Sunstrider will appear in the dalaran dungeons, near the book. Note that they are not under your control, but Green's, even if you have fallen, Blood Elves (Greens second chance) will still spawn in the Dalaran dungeons.
Heroes, Units and Buildings[edit | edit source]
- Jailor Kassan
- Proudmoore´s Flagship
- Battle Mages
- Tirisian Archer
- Transport Ships
- Battleships (Limited to 12)
Special Buildings: (unbuildable)
- Town Halls
- Arcane Sanctums
- Lumber Mills
- Altar of Kings
- Scout Towers
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Medivh increases the intellect of a hero by 6 and is dropped if the keeper of the book dies, so caution is advised if you're dealing with a lot of Dreadlords. When someone is summoning the Burning Legion, you can stun him to interrupt the summoning.