This page (or sections below) appears to have obsolete content. Wiki maintainers will make it relevant once again soon.
The awakened Dwarves of Uldaman forged a kingdom in the mountains of central Eastern Kingdoms. Ironforge was founded by three Dwarven clans, but they subsequently split. Two of the Dwarven clans, the Wildhammer clan and the Bronzebeard clan are now allied to the Arathor humans to their south and are not far from the northern alliance. The kingdom is populated by Dwarves and Gnomes (gnomes live mainly in Gnomeregan). They now fight alongside the Arathor Kingdom to stop the onslaught of the Fel Horde. Dwarves, led by their infinite curiosity and adventurous heart, they have settled a small encampment on the southern shore of Northrend.
Location & Allies
Ironforge is located north of Stormwind. Although its location is a benefit in the start of the game - against teal - it later has to deal with being situated just south of the North Alliance. The Deeprun tram can be built to link Stormwind and Ironforge together.
- Arathor - The human kingdom to the south is extensive, but it cannot fight the Fel Horde alone. You should do all you can to help him. You should avoid being split up. If you manage to do this, you will have obtained your first victory already.
Pros & Cons
- Good natural defenses.
- The Deeprun Tram.
- A powerful melee backed by good range.
- Best recon in the game.
- Powerful towers.
- Have the Tier Choice Building.
- Have a Second Chance in case that they don't research the last Tier Choice
- Weak economy initially.
- Cooperating with your ally can be hard before breaking the resistance at Blackrock Mountain.
- Can permanently lose one of his heroes, Magni, after losing Ironforge.
- Takes time to become very powerful.
Middle and Late Game
In the middle game, it is required to build casters, catapults, and even air units to defeat more players. One set up is:
- Control Group 1:
- Control Group 2:
- Control Group 3:
- Control Group 4:
- Control Group 5:
- Control Group 6:
|Siege Mastery||350||200||None||Increases damage by 15 done by Mortar teams, Flying machines and steam tanks who also gain the Stun Mine ability.|
|Fortification Mastery||350||200||None||Increases all buildings HP by 300 and armor by 2. Also increases the armor gained by Dwarven Masonary aura by 2, castles gain 1200 attack range with an 135-160 siege attack.|
|Elemental Mastery||350||200||Warning: Works only if you choose some tier path.||Gives Dagran´s elementals|
Obtainable in teh Imperial Quarters, inside of Ironforge.
|Tier Choice||Icon||Gold||Wood||First Choice||Second Choice|
|First Tier||150||100||Stormpike Clan Acceptance.
||Anvilmar clan Acceptance.
|Second Tier||250||200||Explorers´ League Acceptance.
||Gnomish Help Acceptance.
|Third Tier||350||300||Wildhammer clan acceptance.
||Dark Iron Clan Acceptance.
- Can conquer Gilneas.
- Magni becomes unrevivable when Ironforge is destroyed
- Dwarven Domination upgrade will improve all your units hit points.
- Ironforge has 3 Tier Choice of Upgrades he can go through.
- Once Ironforge has developed the Deeprum Tram, you can use the train on the northeast corner of Stormwind to instantly teleport to Ironforge, and viceversa.
- When you kill the ice troll warlord in Gnomeregan, you get the buildings, the Control Point.
- When Ironforge is destroyed, you gain Aerie Peak, but without Fastald Wildhammer.
- If Aerie Peak is destroyed too, you can adquire the Shadowforge City but without Emperor Dagran Thaurissan.
Heroes, Units and Buildings
Heroes: (by tier choice)
- Dwarven Worker
- Thane (Limited to 6)
- Steamtank (Limited to 12)
- Dwarven Warrior
- Tinker (Tier choice)
- Explorer (Tier choice)
- Flying Machine (Limited to 12)
- Gryphon Rider
- Dwarven Engineer
- Mortar Team (Limited to 9)
- Transport Ships
- Battleships (Limited to 12)
- Town Hall
- Lumber Mill
- Altar of Kings
- Gryphon Aviary
- Scout Tower
- If you choose the Fortifaction Mastery, it is cheaper for your gold purse (But not for you woodshed!) to build Dwarven Fortresses (total cost 70 gold and 610 lumber) than to build Improved Cannon Towers (75 gold, 360 lumber) as the fortresses also deal more damage and are a lot more sturdier (2800 hp after research) than the towers.